Friday 1 April 2016

Empire Star Serayah Covers Rolling Out Magazine

 

We were introduced to Serayah on the hit TV show Empire where she plays a sassy singer called Tiana Brown.

The rising star covers the latest issue of Rolling Out magazine tagged Serayah VS. Tiana: A Fight to be heard beyond the 'Empire' screams where she delivers for model status photos and opens up on her musical career, building her brand, her friendship with Taylor Swift and lots more.

On her recent deal with Sony


Yes, I just got signed to Sony, and I’m super excited. But I’m also focused on working really hard because I want people to take my first project seriously, so I’m looking forward to really putting in the hours.
On her struggle before the show
Life was really hard. It was a struggle. To be honest, I didn’t even have a place to stay when I was auditioning for “Empire.” Literally, after we shot the first couple of episodes, I took my first check, and finally was able to rent an apartment. But that was my journey. I was going to school, and I was working at H&M, and it was a grind. But I truly feel that when you’re at your lowest, that’s when God can truly come in and bless you.
Read full interview here










No comments:

Post a Comment