Friday 20 November 2015

Yamarita x Chicken Salsa

written by 

Hey foodies!!!!
I know I know, I have not uploaded in the food section in like forever. I am so sorry about that and I promise to get back on my grind sooner than later. However, if you do follow my instagram page, you know that I have been cooking a lot and uploading stuff on there, just not here.
image
Anyhoo, for dinner tonight, I made yamarita. *Whoop*
If you grew up in Nigeria and you were a fan of taste fried chicken (the best fast-food restaurant in Lagos) and you NEVER tried out their yamarita, let me just say you missed out on a lot. Like what? I was a regular customer for yamarita and charcolite chicken. The days when they ran out, it was always like my life was at a halt.
With that being said, guess who can make their yamarita now? This is my second time making it and it came out so well. This time, instead of the regular spicy salsa sauce that is eaten with it, I decided to make some diced chicken in mine. So I made a spicy chicken salsa sauce and it came together so well.
Find my recipe below.
image
For the yamarita, you will need
6 slices of yam (cut into rectangles)
2 eggs
flour
1 tsp salt
1tsp black pepper
1tsp curry
1tsp dry pepper
1tbsp sugar
Oil for frying
Method
In a pot, bring some water to boil. Add your sliced yam and some sugar and salt. Boil yam for about 10 minutes, do not make it to soft. Drain the water out of the yam.
In a bowl, break your eggs and season with some salt and black pepper. Whisk.
In a separate bowl, pour some flour. Add your curry, black pepper, dry pepper, some salt and mix all together.
In a wok or frying pan, heat some oil to fry the yam. You can also use a deep fryer (although, I have never used one). When your oil is hot and ready for frying, deep yam in egg until well coated and then roll in flour. Repeat again by dipping yam in egg a second time, then roll in flour  again before putting in oil to fry.
Repeat these steps until you run out of yam.
Enjoy and serve while hot.
Website www.wovenblends.com // Instagram @wovenblends

No comments:

Post a Comment