Wednesday 16 December 2015

Imole's Grey Journals: Fitness Journey!


Hello guys... It's the season to be merry, eat some delicious meals, go out, indulge in a few drinks... along with all the fun comes the dreaded two, at least in my books - weight gain and ‎fit flush (when all that fitness goes down the drain and the love handles say hello).

Best option? Infuse some exercise and healthy living into the holidays. Now for me, the word exercise just comes across as synonymous to gruesome torture but being as I love to look good and feel great about my body, I decided to learn fun ways to stay fit and live healthier generally. In terms of food and fitness especially during the festivities. And thus began my love affair with swimming... lol. We are still getting to know each other - I stay at the shallow end while I hope to work my way to deep end comfiness... lol. 


Swimming has so many great benefits as it provides great all-over muscle work out, helps with weight loss, relieves stress and provides mental tranquility (said to be as good as yoga), improves flexibility, hydrotherapy is quite common for a lot of medical conditions and certain injuries, cardiovascular fitness and a great deal of other stuffs. 

To clear my head, I prefer to swim alone but for a longer swim, friends make it so much fun and Nwando, who is a fitness instructor taught us all the water version of the Natarajasana (meaning "Lord of the dance" and it's a great yoga move). Still building stamina and definitely no Olympic material yet! but feels great and some aching muscles make me feel like I am on the right track plus had a good laugh and played catch up with the ladies.
Nwando - Model & Fitness Instructor


 Took some photos- where girls are gathered, you know the drill #wink#, had a few bites with drinks and called it a great day. 
‎P.S- No shoot, just girls having a great time with the vanity stick as I like to call the selfie stick, lol. 









XO, Imol Marie 

No comments:

Post a Comment