Friday 29 January 2016

Movie Review: Joy Featuring Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro & Bradley Cooper



I went late to the cinema the other day so I missed the movie I wanted to see. While browsing through the available options, I came across the movie 'Joy'. 



 

Judging from the cover art and brief summary, it looked kinda boring but the cast Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro & Bradley Cooper looked pretty solid so I decided to see it.

The movie opened with a movie in a movie scene which I found a tiny bit confusing but I quickly got a hang of it. Not to give to much away, for those who are yet to see the movie. Joy the movie is loosely based on the life of Miracle Mop creator Joy Mangano played by Jennifer Lawrence
The movie sheds light on the inventor's daily struggle combining family responsibilities and promoting her newly created mop design.

I personally enjoyed the movie, to me it had all the right elements in it. I was moved to tears a few times (cry baby) I also had lots to laugh about as Rob De Niro came through with his rib cracking jokes.  

I find the story line really relatable. I feel  everyone would be able to connect to Joy's story. The movie encourages persistence, hardwork, determination, resilience, tolerance, love and discipline. We watched Joy blossom in to a matriarch in the midst of adversaries within and outside her family.


Jennifer Lawrence put up a stellar performance. Her role as Joy Mangano won the actress her third Golden Globe Award. She is also a best actress nominee for the 2016 Oscars.

Although the movie received mixed reviews from critics, I encourage you to go see it! when you do, let me know what you think. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment