Wednesday 24 February 2016

Yummy Efo Riro Recipe By Woven Blends



Hey Guys!!!!
Finally a food post, whoop.
I lost my camera charger and only just realised a few weeks back when my battery died and need to charge it. I still have not got around to buying a new batter charger because I do not know where to buy a legit one from. So as you read this, and know where I can buy a charger from, please let me know.
In the mean time, my iPhone has been doing the photography and I must say, it hasn’t been a bad journey at all. Only that I am unable to take pictures of the food stages.
Anyways, as promised, here is the recipe for my efoimageimage
You will need;
2 tbsp palm oil
3 1/2 tomatoes
1/2 red bell peppers
1/2 thumbsize ginger
1 rodo (scotch bonnet)
1 medium sized onion
2 bunches kale (Chopped and washed)
some dry bitter leaf
3 tsp locust beans
1 1/2 – 2tsp blended dry shrimp/cray fish
beef stock
goat meat
shaki (beef tribe)
10 medium sized shrimps (cleaned and deveined)
snails
any other type of meat/sea food you want to put in
knorr to taste
In a clean blender, combine tomato, bell pepper, onion, scotch bonnet and ginger. Do not blend it smoothly.
Heat palm oil in a clean pot and pour in blended mix, add in beef stock and let cook till the stew is very thick. You want to cook the stew till it is really thick, because vegetables have their own water and you don’t want your efo watery when you add in the kale at the end.
When stew is cooked, add in locust beans and blended shrimp (crayfish). Let it simmer for a little bit.
Add your meat, shaki, snails and any other meats you are using. I usually use crabs when I have some. Sometimes, I also add in cow legs, that’s only when I have people in the house that will eat it. Personally, I do not like cow leg. Let your meats soak up stew for about five minutes, so that the flavours infuse.
Add in your shrimp.
This is the time to make changes if you need to. I used only one scotch bonnet because the one I had at home was really spicy. You might need to alter as needed to your spice level. Canyenne pepper is a good way to add in more pepper if needed. Also, now is the time to add in knorr. I didn’t need to add knorr to mine because my beef stock was already well seasoned.
Now that your stew is altered, add in your clean and chopped kale. I do not boil my kale first because it becomes too soft in the stew by the time you add it in. Also, do not overcook kale in efo. Once it is shrunken, let it cook for only about 5 minutes.
Add in tiny drops of dry bitter leaf and mix it in.
Hopefully this recipe is helpful. I will be updating it as I come up with better methods to cook this.
Thank you for stopping by.
Lots of love xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment