Tuesday 16 February 2016

Buffalo Wings Recipe By WovenBlends





Hey Guys!
By now, you should all know that food is one of my favourite things. I love to cook and I love to eat out. I mostly cook though, because I’m a student on a budget and it’s way cheaper to get groceries and do the thing. It helps a lot that I love to explore in the kitchen, so I am pretty much always cooking up new storms.

You can tell from my instagram @wovenblends, that the kitchen is no stranger to me.A couple of days ago, I was craving wings, so I decided to freestyle some buffalo inspired wings. They came out really well, and these easily made their way to the top of my “best wings list”.

imageimage
I have not blogged about food in a while. I made snapchat video clips of these wings as I cooked them and I got a lot of questions, so I decided to share a guideline on here with you on how I made these wings. So if you’re thinking “what to cook up next”, try these out and definitely leave me feedback in the comment section or via instagram@wovenblends.
Find my recipe after the pictures.
imageimageimage
Recipe

For these wings, you will need
About 8-10 pieces of buffalo styled wings (approx 1.12lb)
1 cube knorr
1/4 onion
1/2 pepper (habanero/rodo)
2 gloves garlic
1/2 thumb size ginger
Pinch Thyme
Some suya pepper
Some black pepper
Pinch Curry
Flour
Oil for frying
Wash your wings.
Blend onion, pepper, garlic and ginger together.
Pour into wings, and add in the remaining seasoning.
Mix thoroughly and then leave to marinade an hour.
In a separate bowl, mix together some flour and two tsp of suya pepper.
When wings are done marinading, rub them
in the flour mix one by one and dust off extra flour.
Heat your oil, and fry wings on low heat for about 15mins, until well done and golden brown.
Remove when done and set aside on paper towel to drain excess oil and cool.
Side note: You can eat the wings fried as they are. The aroma already makes you want to start picking some up. They are so tasty. If you can hold yourself, wait till you taste them coated in buffalo sauce.
For the sauce, you will need
1 cup hot sauce
1 stick butter
1 1/2 tbsp honey
dash bbq sauce
dash oyster sauce
dash schezuan spicy sauce (optional)
In a pot, add all ingredients together and stir until butter melts. Let it boil a little until mix gets a bit thicker. Add in your wings and coat evenly.
Wings now ready to serve.
The wings were so yumm. I had them on a platter with sweet potatoe balls, fried yam and carrot sticks.
Don’t forget to leave feedback, if you ever try them out.
Lots of love,
Hadiza

No comments:

Post a Comment